On 1/11/2012 1:33 PM, James Lampert wrote:

That much, I'm well aware of, and the file names are unique
(specifically, a concatenation of the fully-qualified jobname and the
6-digit time-of-day).

Is it possible that there's a bug in the program that creates the stmf, that causes it to be left open under some circumstances?

Also, there's a chance with your 6-digit time of day that you'd have two e-mails with the same name. (A second is a relatively long amount of time in computer terms!)

You might consider using the _C_IFS_tmpnam API to generate temporary IFS filenames... It's supposed to create a unique name each time.

Is there something that could cause MSF to go insane, and either have 2
QMSF jobs fight over the same STMF, or have QMSF jobs trying to access
messages that have already been sent and deleted?

LOL! I wouldn't put anything past MSF... but I haven't run into this problem.