On 11-Jan-2012 11:33 , James Lampert wrote:
CRPence wrote:

I recalled that Scott K had replied to a similar message,
suggesting that in order to meet a requirement of the QtmmSendMail
API, a file name should be generated "unique"; e.g. using the
temporary STMF name API.

That much, I'm well aware of, and the file names are unique
(specifically, a concatenation of the fully-qualified jobname and
the 6-digit time-of-day).

Is there something that could cause MSF to go insane, and either have
2 QMSF jobs fight over the same STMF, or have QMSF jobs trying to
access messages that have already been sent and deleted?

Aside from the obvious potential for a sender to invoke twice within the same second within the same job....

None of the MSF problems I have debugged involved contention on a stream file. I recall past issues describing problems with messages for which the MSF feature would best be "reset" as resolution, using what I recall was a "clear" option on start; i.e. something like: STRMSF SomeParm(*reset|*clear)

Regards, Chuck