On Wed04-Apr-2011 12:22 , Rusling, John wrote:

I found out more -

Job holds large number of locks.
Job holds large number of locks.
Journal receivers BPCS022193 and *N detached.
Journal receivers JBA0001285 and *N detached.
Error message CPF4128 appeared during OPEN for file EDDALT (C S D F).
Reply . . : D
Subsystem ZMHTTPSRV in library ZMODEDIIP starting.

Doing an F1 on the cpf4128 line reveals -

Message ID . . . . . . : RNQ1216 <<SNIP>>
Error message CPF4128 appeared during OPEN for file EDDALT (C S D F).
<<SNIP>>

I think you're right about the testing with cpf1002 in place of
cpf4128, which also may be a couple layers deep (higher) in the call
stack...

Rethinking ....

That is actually a "nice" outcome to enable a coded intercept of the condition; specific to the failing RPG however. That inquiry condition is an indication that the default message handling transpired for an ILE RPG statement [OPEN in this case] processing. Default handling is a side effect of an "unmonitored exception" for which the message handling feature provides an effective "user exit" via the DFTPGM() on the CHGMSGD. That the message identifier CPF4128 appears in that inquiry replacement text is a clear indication that the message was sent directly to the program performing the OPEN, as was the effective resignal of the condition by RNX1216.

To test in just one job, perform the following:

crtclpgm /* a CLP which RCVMSG from *PRV the RNX1216 then
the previous *EXCP message identified in that
if msgid=CPF4128 and "other" conditions met */
crtmsgf qtemp/myRNXmsgs
mrgmsgf frommsgf(qrnxmsg) tomsgf(qtemp/myRNXmsgs) select(rnx1216)
chgmsgd rnx1216 msgf(qtemp/myRNXmsgs) dftpgm(myDftPgm)
ovrmsgf qrnxmsg qtemp/myRNXmsgs

I thought the parameters for a Default Program were documented in the DFTPGM() help text, but no... Let me know if more assistance required.

Regards, Chuck