Update: Flicker caused BCS to drop again. Tested one of the UPS's and it tested OK. Tested the other and it blew during the test: Sparks, flame, smoke and now the battery light is flashing weakly even though it is unplugged and turned off. I guess I know which of the UPS's is "bad".

Still need to sort out which power supplies are the "redundant twins" but I plan to order a new UPS (probably not a Tripplite though....) Any recommendations? Looks like APC and Eaton are the big names out there....

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.asaap.com
www.opensource4i.com