Here is my first concern: What if the company you choose closes up shop
suddenly tomorrow? Can you recover from that quickly? Usually, hosting a
website/application you still have the code (and hopefully good backups).
You can recover in a couple hours. Can you do that with your other
mission-critical servers?

What I think makes sense "in the cloud" is web servers, email servers, and
file servers. Each, if properly setup and backed up, isn't too big of a deal
if it is down for a couple hours. I think you could save money moving some
things to the cloud, but I can't see not having your own data center for
mission critical servers.

I can't speak so much on the i side.

--
Mike Wills