Rob,

I remembered that Twinax went south at Power 7. We have two or three
printers that will have to be converted, and two dumb terminals, which I'll
be glad to dump.

I've used LAN console before and don't see it being complex, but that may be
because my boss and I were used to it. We loved being able to hand-off a
running system console job to the other at times. But I understand what you
mean about training. Earlier this week I noticed our bookkeeper going to
the system console to run a job. I asked, Why, and found out that she just
needed to run an inquiry or such while her current session (on her PC) was
running. I laughed (to myself) and showed her how to "Run Same" in Client
Access to start a second session. She was floored.

Speaking of the boss' nephew, our boss' son set up the LAN here. Me, I'm a
total waste setting up those kinds of things (most hardware, in fact), but
it still frustrates me that my PC software cannot print to a printer in the
same office; instead I have to print to one around the corner. I have to
address the iSeries by its explicit IP address, rather than its name, though
the bookkeeper can do either.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will
be prosecuted. - sign at a railroad station
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN