Scott,

Just thought you may know of a PTF or something. It was working well before
the upgrade!
I can post code if you want, but we are going to do some timings first to
try to pinpoint a time gap.
I really appreciate your help as well as the rest of the list.
Just in case I can speed up the parsing of the ZPL (mostly all are ZPL) here
is the code:

// get the file from the IFS
Flags = O_RDONLY;
Fd = open(%Trim(File) : Flags);
if Fd < 0;
die('open(): file not found');
endif;

// read the file
Len = Read(Fd: %addr(RecBufA): %size(RecBufA));

// close the file
CallP Close(Fd);

// translate the line of text into EBCDIC
Len = %len(%trim(RecBufA));
Translate(Len: RecBufA: 'QTCPEBC');

// If ZPLII change inverse to regular
DoW 1 = 1;
Z = %Scan('¬POI':RecBufa:Z);
If Z > 0;
%Subst(RecBufa:Z+1:3) = 'PON';
Z += 1;
Else;
Leave;
EndIf;
EndDo;
// Clear the buffer codes
RecBufa= '~CC¬¬XA¬JMA¬FS¬XZ¬XA¬SS,,,1223¬FS¬XZ¬XA¬MN ¬FS¬XZ'+
'¬XA¬MMT¬FS¬XZ¬XA¬MD+10¬FS¬XZ¬XA¬PR5¬FS¬XZ¬XA¬IDR:*.GRF¬XZ'+
'¬XA¬IDR:*.*¬XZ¬XA¬MCY¬XZ' + %Trim(RecBufa);
Len = %Len(%Trim(RecBufA));

// translate the line of text back to ASCII
Translate(Len: RecBufA: 'QTCPASC');

Thanks again,

Craig