David Gibbs wrote:
I've investigated the mail delivery order issue and have come up with some results.

One other thing that I've observed ... some folks have mail services from providers that LIMIT the amount of mail any one sending server can send.

In those cases my mail server gets a response something like this ...

451-The server has reached its limit for processing requests from your host.
451 Please try again later.

Sometimes the limit is cleared in a few minutes ... sometimes it takes hours. In at least one case it took days.

Regardless, this absolutely will cause a delay in mail delivery.

If your mail provider has this kind of policy in place, I highly recommend you discuss it with them ... and, if necessary, switch to a different mail provider.

david