In random order:

DSPOBJD does not show you the source to ILE objects (naturally, I guess,
since more than one source can be involved in the creation of one ILE
object). For that, DSPPGM may be used, and the source easily found as long
as it is not IFS-based. This is one area in which I feel IBM fails
miserably: easy, method of determining the source(s) involved in the
creation of an object.

Current client pushes source to the Production system (widely remote from
source) along with the object. A former client had an interesting approach:
to push source to another (widely remote) system at the time of promotion.

DEBUG(*LIST) allows debug without requiring the source to be online. I
suspect (but have not tested) this will also resolve potential issues where
the source (or part of it) is in IFS. The higher-level question that
probably should be answered for your environment: "Should DEBUG be allowed
on the Production system?"

Whoever penned that "Do what we do. Don't..." needs a hand-slap with a nice
firm ruler.

Dennis Lovelady
Live and learn.
(But not in that order.)

Do what we do. Don't keep source on your production lpar.

Hey I've been thinking this over from time to time and I'm a wonderin':

Where then do you keep your production source?
What do you actually push on to the prod lpar? Just objects? What about
modules?
What's the point of DSPOBJD to get the source member used to create the
object? Can it be easily found?
Aren't there any issues with debugging? Aren't the source files needed?

Any more fors and againsts for separating source and objects in this
way?

Thanks.
list