Dennis Lovelady wrote:
I believe you will find that they are CMMDDYY fields.

I wish.

From the file's field text itself

ODCCEN - Creation century
ODCDAT - Creation date: format- mmddyy
ODCTIM - Creation time

Last Changed:
ODLCEN - Change century
ODLDAT - Change date: format- mmddyy
ODLTIM - Change time

Source Changed (rather perversely):
ODSRCC - Source change century
ODSRCD - Source change date: format- yymmdd
ODSRCT - Source change time

And they're all simple alphanumeric character fields, not L-date, T-time, or Z-timestamp.

Wrote a little RPG Cycle program to reformat the dates into a second file, then a CL to do the DSPOBJD, reformat it with the RPG program, and open it in QuestView (using a VIEW program I'd created, which encapsulated an OPNQRYF call, as well as suppressing irrelevant fields from the screen).

A bit Rube Goldberg, but it works.

As to the outfile format for DSPOBJD, I can only say (quoting David Gerrold):

We all BM
for IBM.