Newsgroups: midrange.midrange-l
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: write csv from iSeries for Oracle SQL Loader

Jim Franz wrote:
Have been asked to provide .csv files to send to an Oracle
Server. <<SNIP>>

I'm using RPGLE to write the file directly to the IFS (specs
have requirements for double quotes I can't get with a cpyto..
command.

<<SNIP>>

Since the CPYTOIMPF as database export feature actually defaults
to generate a comma separated values [i.e. comma as column\field
delimiter] with double quote character as delimiter for character
strings, a suggestion that a "cpyto.." command is not capable of
effecting exactly that, seems at least somewhat suspect.?

Regards, Chuck