I am accessing a Microsoft SQL database using some of Scott Klement's
JDBC Access Methods for RPG. I have created a program to read entries
from a data queue, connect to the remote database and verify the
information in the remote database matches the data on the iSeries. I
have set this process up in its own subsystem and propagate additional
jobs as the data queue fills up. I added a piece to shut down jobs
after processing a set number of data queue entries or based on a
certain entry on the data queue. This all seems to work well but over
the course of a day some of the jobs will hang. It seems to be
happening as the jobs are trying to end. I have tried ending the jobs
controlled, immediate, ending the subsystem and using the end job
abnormal command. The only thing that will end them is restarting the
partition. When I look at the job I see the following in the job log:
Job 153831/QPGMR/JDACSHEQV was ended by user SCOTTF.
ENDJOBABN issued against job 153831/QPGMR/JDACSHEQV by user SCOTTF.

If I go to the job and work with threads I see the following.
Total Aux Run
Thread Status CPU I/O Priority
0000010D THDW 2.501 59 40
00000117 JVAW .000 0 46

I did read one post where it talked about a problem with the MAXJOBS
setting in the pool for the subsystem. Mine is currently set to 100.
The pool has 500M of storage assigned.

We are currently on V6R1M0 and using the following for the environment.
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_RPG_JAVA_PROPERTIES) REPLACE(*YES)
VALUE(''-Djava.version=1.5;'')
ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(JAVA_HOME) REPLACE(*YES)
VALUE(''/QopenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk50/32bit'')

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Feddersen
Buckle, Inc.