Rob,

Thank you for your response, I have followed up with IBM and this is
their response. We will be testing the PTF tomorrow.

Scott,
Very recently another system reported this issue: J9 JVM at r610 does
not end with ENDJOB or ENDJOBABN. Requires IPL to end.
So I looked a little closer and found the calls stacks from that issue:
TDE=B00030000AA3A000 TASKNAME=MSTHREAD QP0ZSPWP QLWISVR 417459
TIMESINCERUN=30:04:45.549 TOTALRUNTIME=0:00:00.
WAITOBJ=FF6EEB9BB83D2148 QWL-QUWAITLIST WAITOBJCALLER=FFFFFFFFFF1EF808
MODULE QUQUEUECODEHIGHUSE+0X17A8

ISF=D8A268C5E6FFE270 NIA=FFFFFFFFFF2167FC MODULE QUWAITLIST+0X1BC??
ISF=D8A268C5E6FFE310 NIA=FFFFFFFFFF082850 MODULE #QUROUTE+0XA0??
ISF=D8A268C5E6FFE450 NIA=FFFFFFFFFF1EF808 MODULE
QUQUEUECODEHIGHUSE+0X17A8??
ISF=D8A268C5E6FFE4D0 NIA=FFFFFFFFFE251484 MODULE
RMPRLONGWAITRCVQUEUE+0X824??
ISF=D8A268C5E6FFE630 NIA=FFFFFFFFC8454138 MODULE JVMLIST+0X1B78??
ISF=D8A268C5E6FFE850 NIA=FFFFFFFFC99B6874 MODULE JVMPDCANCHOR+0X2234??
ISF=D8A268C5E6FFEED0 NIA=FFFFFFFFC37DDDD0 MODULE JAVAD9+0X2270??

Job name is different but the underying SLIC Java J9 code, and the wait
state is the same as your job.

So here's the good news. We ran the stacks by J9 development and they
recognized it as a known timing / race condition of issue of pthreads
code being left in incoherent state during job termination.

This is described in APAR MA38229 - PTF MF47499, and APAR MA38230 - PTF
MF47500

This fixed the issue for the occurrence, and based on the APAR details
and your symptoms I'm quite confident its a match to your issue.

Adam Braham
Staff Software Engineer
System i Work Management / Performance / SR

Thanks again,

Scott