It is already noted that the "File Level Identifier" is the timestamp of the file creation, unrelated to the "Record Format Level Identifier" and level checking by QDMCOPEN; albeit somewhat insufficient for the lack of milliseconds, to serve its intended purpose well.

If there is a CPF4131 condition even where the DSPPGMREF shows the *matching* value 4AE630978C180 for the RcdFmt LvlID, then FWiW there was for some time a chain of defective PTFs [never on a cumulative AFaIK, so only orders outside cumulative would have experienced the problem] which caused a "correction" to the record format level identifier, but without also correcting the member level identifier. The Data Management level checking [honoring a LVLCHK of *YES] will report the difference between the member and the program, *not* the difference between the RcdFmtLvlID and the program. So a condition originating from the side effect of that defect can prove confusing. There is no external user interface which manifests the record format level identifier stored in the *MEM object, except DMPOBJ for all members or DMPSYSOBJ for any one member; e.g. the DSPFD *MBR does not show the value. I described something about this problem in a past discussion somewhere; it should be in the archives here, although I can not find any.

The following APAR, IIRC, provides one of the highest PTF fix levels required to be preventive for that.
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2dffd8a903d89060486256f8800424638
SE18855 - OSP-MSGCPF4131 CRTDUPOBJ CHANGES FORMAT LEVEL ID RCDFMT LVLID DFT DFTVAL DDS LF JLF OVER SQL TABLE R510 R520 R530

IIRC some information on recovery was in Informational APAR II14134
http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apar.NSF/1be1a5b61b213a6c86256c23007048f4/21529fcce2f4b070862571010041fe11?OpenDocument

Regards, Chuck

Pete Hall wrote:

This is causing level check errors in our RPG programs, even though the record format level ID is unchanged. Anybody have
any insight on this?

I conducted a little experiment:

Original file (Attribute = PF-DTA)
file: 1100119152826
Record: 4AE630978C180

After CRTDUPOBJ with DATA(*NO) CST(*NO) TRG(*NO)
File: 1100121153527
Record: 4AE630978C180

<<SNIP>>