I installed my 4 SSD's over the weekend.
I did the DSPOBJD of the desired libraries to an output file.
Then I ran a little sql which passed the object and library via qcmdexc to
CHGPF and CHGLF. Over thousands objects it only took about 8 minutes.
Then I saved the libraries, deleted them and restored them.
After some time my ninety 70GB drives and my new SSD's were somewhat in
balance.

All good.

At the same time I added forty eight 139GB HDD's. All drives are raid 5
with no hot spare and are all in asp 1. I didn't add one of the new 48 to
the asp - just the raid set. Reserving that one drive for load source
migration.

Then I ran the STRASPBAL *ENDALC on disks 2 through 90. Fired off the
STRASPBAL *MOVDTA. Drives 2 - 90 are down to about 0.2% used. Good.
However my load source and my SSD's are now about 98%. The 47 other new
drives are 44% used. Not good. Not much good came out of
STRASPBAL TYPE(*CAPACITY) ASP(1) TIMLMT(*NOMAX)
Date sent . . . . . . : 01/18/10 Time sent . . . . . . : 09:35:26
CPI1474 - ASP balancing successfully started for ASP 1.
Date sent . . . . . . : 01/18/10 Time sent . . . . . . : 09:35:55
CPI1475 - ASP balancing for ASP 1 ended.

I get these somewhat in balance my intention is perhaps then run a
TRCASPBAL followed by a STRASPBAL *USAGE to maximize performance of my
HDD's. Then I may run another TRCASPBAL followed by a STRASPBAL *HSM to
put high impact stuff on SSD (and get the low impact the heck off!).