I'm back.

I have two blogs that I shall keep up dated. They are:

Cancilla on i -- http://cancillaoni.blogspot.com/
Modern Computer Systems - http://computersystemstoday.blogspot.com/

Modern Computer Systems will discuss my ideas for the future of corporate
systems. It is business systems architecture centric discussion that is
none technical at least from a technology standpoint. I spent the bulk of
my career designing and building 3 what today might be called ERP systems
for 3 insurance companies and an Insurance software house before taking a
detour into IBM with the misguided thought that I might make a difference in
what they were doing. I was wrong.

And yes, I did part company with Oxford. We are good friends but are
looking at different goals and directions. I am now totally independent and
am not selling anyone's software.

Cancilla on i will have posts on my take on the iSeries and its unfortunate
state of affairs.

The article I posted on Cancilla on i is similar to the one I had on the
i-nsider but is different.

Please note my business today is pure consulting not constrained by any
products. My goal is to provide the best path for my clients that I believe
to be correct. Some of you may disagree with my opinions on the future of
iSeries. I caution you to look very carefully at what is going on within IBM
along with the goals and objectives of the IBM'rs who tell you that the
future of IBM i is rosy. I will not quote numbers as that would be totally
inappropriate, but be assured that the numbers seem to be rapidly
decreasing.

Some of you quoted some major companies that are using iSeries. Many of
those are leaving the platform under mandate from their corporate IT
organizations. Again I will not name names as I got that information while
at IBM so that would be inappropriate, but some of the largest and best
known iSeries shops are leaving the platform.