Hi All,

Can someone tell me if there are any obvious overhead savings by using a view to access data on an AS400 as opposed to direct SQL requests? I know there are obvious reasons for using a view (security, optimization, etc.), but will this result in less CPU usage?

As you may recall, we have had issues in the past with our QZDASOINIT job being an absolute pig and consuming a lot of resources on the systems. We have combated this issue by reducing the priority on the QZDASOINIT jobs and are looking to move it to it's own memory pool. Would the addition of moving these SQL statements to a view help?

Brian Piotrowski
Assistant Mgr. - I.T.
Simcoe Parts Service, Inc.
Ph: 705-435-7814 x343