Actually, running the release independent *CUMPKG probably is a better
idea than SF99540. Thanks.

You won't find SF99540 at
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.NSF/GroupPTFs?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=2#2
That's for 'GROUP' ptfs. While SF99540 shows up on WRKPTFGRP it's not on
that website. Latest cover letter is at
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline003.nsf/ALLPSPBYREL?OpenView&Start=1&Count=30&Expand=2#2

If the package doesn't exist then I am not sure what will happen. IBM
NEVER drops a package. So you should probably catch it the first time you
add a new package.

I should submit a DCR that IBM writes this. The first part that it
downloads is a new version of this so that they can add new ptf packages
before it starts downloading those.

There might be an objection from IBM because this doesn't encourage you to
read the ptf cover letter. Which may say something like "Before
installing this cume you might want to omit .... because it has a tendency
to initialize your load source drive. It will be omitted in a future
package." Now, I made that warning up, but you get the point.