Paul,

First, do a APYPTF *ALL *PERM *IMMDLY like now, so you don't do this
anytime near the upgrade.

Second, why are you compressing job tables? Change that value to
*NONE on the ChGIPLA screen now. You might want to set your QTOTJOB and
QACTJOB to values close to number of jobs in WRKSYSSTS and WRKACTJOB
respectively. Then Compress the job tables in a prior IPL to reduce that
number.

You can apply the Cumulative, individual PTFs, and any other group
you want together just change from a 1 to a 2 on the GO PTF option 8 screen.

Do you have the latest version of the I_BASE cd for V5R4M5?

Now there is a quicker way, and that is to create your own install
images with the PTF's already applied using GO LICPGM option 40. But you
need to examine that, and is more than I want to write in length about.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com