In our scenario the customers are storing document images such as TIFF
and PDF files. Much smaller than 800gb on individual file basis, but
not always in aggregate :-)

Quite honestly if you're pushing that amount of backup data, my opinion
would be to get an LTO3 or LTO4 tape unit and be done with it.

LTO backup devices rock and are relatively inexpensive today.

IBM probably also have disk to disk backup units as well today where you
could use the virtual tape stuff. I haven't looked much.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800