I'm coming in to this a little late and may have missed it, but what is
the database format for the PC application ?

If it is accessible via ODBC, OLEDB or ADO, you can write your own Java
or VB programs or use a vendor tool such as our RPG2SQL Integrator
software or IBM DB2 Connect to keep the data in sync via an ILE RPG
program.

Using RPG2SQL you can do live real-time access to the PC application
data with no data transfer, just good old RPG coding !!

And by the way, the IFS is a great place to store any and all PC
documents. We have customers with several million IFS files being
stored for retreival with our WebDocs software.

We also recently discovered that a single user profile can only store 10
million documents. Who would have guessed it, but it's buried in one of
the OS/40 manuals :-)

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Get the information you need. Now!"
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800