From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 12:36 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QHNAPRST could not be ended to a restricted state

I saw this V5R3 incident summary.
Reference #:
86256EEF0044A80A

Problem Summary:
In V5R3 of IBM i5/OS, there is a new Exit Point called
QIBM_QWC_PRERESTRICT and an IBM-supplied Exit Program QSYS/QHNAPRST. This
program ensures that the system is in a state to be put into restricted
state. If those requisites are not met, message CPF18C3 is posted.

Resolution:
Display the interactive joblog that issued the ENDSBS *ALL command, and
the messages are posted that indicates what the problem is. Correct the
issue, based on the message recovery, and submit the ENDSBS *ALL command
again.

Recommend a DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*PRINT) next time this happens.

You're not using twinax for a console are you (shudder)?