Even though my error message wasn't the same as the ones on the IBM sites your URLs pointed, they did give me a hint of what might be wrong. It appears, at this point, I needed to code a CLRPFM in my REXX before my GET. After adding that, so far, it seems to work. I was assuming (yes, I know) that since I was using GET with (REPLACE, the old version of the files would be replaced with no problems. With small files this may be the case but as some of my files are in the millions of rows, it seems a CLRPFM before my GET makes things work better and not get hung up. My theory is that since the files are large and the (REPLACE may take awhile to get rid of the old version of the file, TCP/IP drops the connection and when the GET tries to do its thing, it fails. But, I'm guessing here as to what's going on based on bits and pieces of info.

Thanks much,