Re: Way to get STRSQL SELECT to run in batch?

fixed

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Elvis Budimlic <
ebudimlic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Build 2 indexes (i.e. CREATE INDEX) if you don't already have keyed lfs
over
these fields:

1) CVCUSN, CVRENN, CVSEQN
2) cdCUSN, cdRENN, cdSEQN, cdstat

The indexes above ought to help the performance of your query.

Elvis, the table for 1) has as its primary key those three fields, followed
by three other fields. The table for 2) has as its primary key the first
three field, but not cdstat.

What is most surprising, as I mentioned in my response to Eric, is that the
interactive query took hours to build an index on the 1) table, but when I
submitted it to batch per the CREATE TABLE ZZZZ AS... it took less than 5
seconds for it to run! What gives?

Really mind boggling.

- Dan