Re: i on Blade - Saving

fixed

Walden H. Leverich wrote:
It's important to notice that the IBM i OS will never, ever see your
tape drive.
You cannot connect the tape drive to the IBM i OS, only to VIOS. This
means that
you always will do a disk to disk backup to the VIOS partition, and
then use
VIOS to save the D2D Image to tape.

OK, lest we have "write-only-storage"... How do I restore then?

--
Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software

Never Say Never... I attended the JS12 on BladeCenter S class in Dallas a couple weeks ago and they are saying 1Q 2009 that they will support the LTO4 SAS drive directly from IBM i. ( please note LTO4, there are not plans to support the LTO3 SAS tape ) So you will be able to save directly to a tape next year. The Don't know how slick they will get on the restore... Will prob still have to jump thru hoops to get a Full System Restore done...