From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 7:55 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: CRTCLPGM default parameters

Good morning everyone
again my beauty sleep was interrupted because of a production problem.
This
time it was a CLP program that the programmer had NOT compiled with
OPTION(*SRCDBG) so I could not use STRSRVJOB with STRDBG to have a look
at
what values certain fields had. Needless to say, that certain programmer
will feel my wrath when he gets back from vacation.
So, to trying to be pro-active, I decided to change the default to the
CRTCLPGM using the following command
CHGCMDDFT CMD(QSYS/CRTCLPGM) NEWDFT('OPTION(*SRCDBG)')

This does not work. The following error is returned
No default value exists for keyword OPTION.

Does anyone know of a way to change the OPTION parameter so that *SRCDBG
will be used?

Thanks in advance

Alan Shore