From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 9:43 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: XML & IPRISM, FTP

I agree with what you're saying Chris. However, in this circumstance,
Adam has stated that he can access the site with a browser on his PC,
but he can't access it with HTTPAPI from his RPG program.

To me, that implies that iPrism is blocking the System i, but is not
blocking his PC. Consequently, software running on his PC should work.
Thus his attempt at using VBA.

Frankly, their security model makes no sense. Block the i, but don't
block PCs? Umm... which one do you think is more likely to get infected
by a virus on a rogue web site? Gee... think about it.