Fantastic!! Glad I could help with the Impossible File System!

Sometime there is a really slick bit in the IFS - if you use a 2 option on a directory, you get a nifty interface - you can do recursive delete on a directory that way - that would have taken care of you, without the nice bit about hidden files. And I think you get a confirm message - not sure!!

That hidden, thing, BTW, comes from Unix with its config files like .profile that are usually hidden.

From: Jon Paris <Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 6-Jul-08, at 1:00 PM, midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Files that start with a stop are often hidden - did you use the
option to show all in WRKLNK?

Thanks Vern - that was it. I'm learning more about IFS every day (and
most of it I hate!)

Thanks also to others who pointed me to the RM command - that cleaned
it up nicely - but when doing these "big" deletes etc. I do miss my

Jon Paris