From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carmen Nuland
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:43 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: GXS Van Services

We use GXS for one of our VANs. Pricing is a little hard to compare
because
we're on a flat-fee pricing structure that allows up to x-number of
kilocharacters per month. They're our highest bill each month, but they
are
also the VAN we use for our biggest customers. I can't remember the
last
time they had down-time or that I had to call support, but I remember
them
being very helpful.

My biggest complaint is I wish I could figure out how to connect to
their
FTP servers directly from the System i. They have some archaic FTP
server
that doesn't accept the PROT P command to secure the connection; in
fact, I
can't even upgrade my PC software at this point because future versions
use
PROT P! Otherwise, we've been happy with them.

Carmen