From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Nelson
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 7:37 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Field level security

List,
Is there any way through standard OS means to obtain field level
security? For example, if I give Jane Doe the ability to create a query
over the employee master file, is there a way to let her see everything
except the salary field?

This is a V5R4 system. Does V6 have this feature?

Paul Nelson
Office 512-392-2577
Cell 708-670-6978
nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx