From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, 7 June 2008 1:02 a.m.
To: RCHCLERK@xxxxxxxxxx; midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Request to update Memo to Users regarding Image Catalogs

Prior to upgrading operating systems I used to create image catalogs for:
- OS
- Cume ptf
- Groups
- Misc PTFs
Then I would add the various image catalogs entries all in advance of the
OS upgrade.
Now, with V6R1, I had to change my process. The OS is no problem. However
I have to do the ADDIMGCLGE to the cumes and groups AFTER the OS upgrade.
Granted, I could have the binaries already there in the appropriate
folders and run the quick
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(CUME) FROMFILE('/fixes/cume/cume_1.bin')
TOFILE(*fromfile)
But it is something to note as a workaround.
V6R1 does something different when you run ADDIMGCLGE. In fact, you will
now see a file called QIMGCLG in the directory where the catalog entries
are stored.

I used to do all the pre os ADDIMGCLGE's to simplify the process so that
others can assist me with the upgrades with minimal training.