Hi,

We just put in a code to activate the 2nd processor on our 520.

So now on the HMC I see we have 2 installed processing units.

We have a dev partition and a production partition.

I went into the DEV partition

And under properties (in the processor tab) set

Processing mode: Shared

Minimum Process units : 1

Desired Processing units : 1

Maximum Processing units: 1

Minimum Virtual Processors: 2

Desired Virtual Processors: 2

Maximum Virtual Processors: 2

Then I did an IPL of the dev partition.

Is that the right thinking/setup if I want to set it up

So the most it will ever use is 1 processor out of the 2 we have...so
that the production one could be setup the same.