Re: Running out of twinax consoles...

fixed

Jerry Adams wrote:
How far apart are these systems from each other? I ask because,
while we only have two, we only use one twinax terminal for both,
relying on an A-B-C switch from Blackbox. That solution only works,
of course, if the systems are pretty close, and the odds of needing a
console for both at the same time are pretty slim.

Based upon my own experience, the whole business of needing to have the console terminal in close proximity to the box is so much bovine scat. Even for things like hot-swapping drives (something I've done exactly once), you really just need to have the console terminal in the same building, on the same floor, and within easy walking distance.