<snip>
Don't knock zipping. I've zipped multiple MB files down to a few KB's,
thus saving a lot in disk space and, getting past file size limitations on
various ftp and email servers.

So, I take it that using winzip and seeing if that unzips it is not an
option?

<snip>

Rob, I am not knocking zipping in the least. I have used compression programs for 30 years ( when you have to use a 300 baud modem for file transfers and pay long distance charges out of your own pocket you learn to use the best compression programs you can find). I'm not sending a file I'm receiving one that has been compressed using a "proprietary" format. I was trying to find out if our system had a means of decompressing this format and my understanding is no it will not (Walden I will look into the DCPDATA opcode. Thank you for the information). Ideally the client will do all the work of decompressing ( a process they are already doing) sort the data and send me only what I need. Apparently they are trying to do just that but I was looking for other options in the meantime.

Thanks all for the replies. I keep learning something new every day from the list.

Don Wereschuk
ISD - Programmer/Analyst
Simcoe Parts Service Inc.
Phone: 705-435-7814 Ex: 302
Fax: 705-435-6746
mailto:dwereschuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Save the Cheerleader - Save the world" - Hiro Nakamura