Hi Jim,

I agree that SQL is great for looking at data and fixing it, but DBU allows me to quickly see all the logicals related to a physical, what their keys are and if they have any selection criteria. It also shows me the list of fields in the file with start positions -- something that helps a lot when interfacing with other systems.

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

Jim Steil wrote:
I'm curious about why people use tools like WRKDBF, DBU and such when SQL is available to them. I use a free tool call FROG to fix up or look into all my data problems. Its free, doesn't require the SQL product or an ODBC connection and works great. I'm not knocking those products, they definitely have a devoted following. But, for me, SQL has always been the way to get at data and make changes when necessary.

-Jim

Helge Bichel wrote:
WRKDBF is a tool I won't miss when upgrading to V6.R1.
It has saved lot of time when investigating files and make record changes
'behind the scene'.
Going back to DFU is like walking back to stoneage.

How can we get Bill Reger's support for being able to continue WRKDBF at
V6.R1.

Thanks Bill.