Data formats you've shown are not DATEs, they're TIMESTAMPs. In SQL Server
world this data type is known as DateTime.

Sounds like you want to cast DateTime from SQL server to DECIMAL(8,0). Is
that correct?

Here's an example how you could cast a TIMESTAMP value on the IBM i:

SELECT
DECIMAL(REPLACE(CHAR(DATE(current_timestamp),ISO),'-',''),8,0)
FROM sysibm/sysdummy1

As for SQL Server... I don't know the exact syntax, but something like this
should get your SQL Server guys' creative juices going:

SELECT NUMERIC(REPLACE(CONVERT(VARCHAR(10),GETDATE(),111),'/',''),8,0)

HTH, Elvis

Celebrating 11-Years of SQL Performance Excellence on IBM i, i5/OS and
OS/400
www.centerfieldtechnology.com