I have been using iSeries navigator for over a year now
to do this.. handles i>excel i>msaccess, and back the
other way easily, the odbc drivers for excel and msaccess
are builtin. handles flat files or field definitions easily.

I use it mainly to import/export tables for our finance dept.
they download all the bank activity to excel and them email
them to us. we convert them straight into the i with saved
profiles in navigator. only takes a few clicks once you set
up the ODBC and import profile.

and i think navigator comes with the new power system.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.