Mike, COMMON's requirements process has been resurrected. Ron Newman
with our Leadership & Advocacy Team is spearheading the project. Check
out "Requirements" under the "Members Only" tab on www.common.org

Ron, perhaps you can give a little update to this group on what has been
happening and how they can get involved!

Thanks, Mike!

.....Anne

************************
Have a blessed day!
Anne Lucas, Genisys Group Inc.
Customer Account Executive
205-823-4831 Office, 205-746-6850 Mobile Fax: 205-690-4193
email: alucas@xxxxxxxxxxx
AOL Instant Message: So Anne Lucas

www.teamggi.com

------------------------------

message: 8
date: Wed, 7 May 2008 09:27:48 -0400
from: "Crump, Mike" <Mike.Crump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: IBM investment in i

Evan,

I can't disagree with your points. While others on this list may
exhibit dissentience with this I believe that there have been a large
number of changes that have been made from release to release. And a
large number of them are very relevant to what we do.

One major problem that has occurred is that the wheels seem to have
fallen off of the COMMON requirements process. I haven't been as active
in COMMON recently and I am not trying to criticize COMMON but it seemed
to me that compared to where it was 10, 15, and 20 years ago it had
fallen by the wayside but is hopefully seeing some recovery.

Right now the two largest requirements producers for IBM i are SAP and
large customers. And they are getting a lot of changes pushed through.
As I see it the rest of us can sit here and complain or we can initiate
change requests through COMMON or the change requests that I know Rob
has referenced and USED.

Would someone familiar with COMMON be willing to help publicize its
requirements process? I know Rob has made several mentions on how he
makes change requests. I would think that COMMON would be the better
approach because hopefully you can get the wait of many companies behind
your request. And if you are not a member of COMMON the ability to
interact with a requirements process with other customers might just be
worth the investment......

Michael Crump

Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc.