Yes, we will try this ans let everybody know

"Curtis Paulson" <CPaulson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 2008-05-06 16:35 >>>
Did you all get my email, I use seccnn(*ssl) and the specific port
(21)
in the ftp command

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Bipes
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 2:20 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Secure FTP transfer problem

try using SECCNN(*SSL)

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denis Robitaille
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:05 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Secure FTP transfer problem

Hello all,

We have a project here to transfer some file to a bank using secure
FTP
(ssl) from our Iseries. Here is what has been done so far:

We have created a CA certificate.
Installed CA certificate
Created a certificate store
we have imported CA certificate needed to establish connexion with FTP
server. (ENTRUST) we have activated the certificate we have allowed
secure sockets layer with command "CHGFTPA ALWSSL(*YES)"

To established the connection, we use the following command:

FTP RMTSYS('csb-oec.bpmca.com') PORT(*SECURE) SECCNN(*IMPLICIT)

We can then connect with our user and password.

But when we issue a PUT command, we get the following error:

Secure connection error, return code -16." Description of code -16:
"-16 The peer system is not recognized

We are stump at this point.

We tested the transfer with a PC and it works fine, so I concluded
that
there is something not done right on the Iseries.

Does any one have a suggestion as to where I can find information or
what to do if you have faced this problem before?

Thanks in advance