So Trevor...are you calling Joe a politician LOL? (i'd vote for him)

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

From:
Trevor Perry <trevor@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:
Date:
05/02/2008 09:21 AM
Subject:
drinking the koolaid WAS: Latest EGL Features

Don,

I have seen the Joe Pluta version of the EGL ("extraordinary tool")
koolaid
in person. I have read over and over the EGL koolaid that Joe Pluta
"sells"
on midrange-L. None of it makes me want to use EGL.

On top of that, Joe Pluta SLAMMED me here for my support of SOA - many
times. He now embraces SOA (claiming EGL is SOA) - that being a complete
turnaround from his previous perspectives, without recognition that he has
changed his position, and without apology. On top of that, he embraces
other
positions which he once lambasted as untenable. When I listen to a speaker
talk on a subject, I want passion, but I don't want someone who has
strongly
represented a different side of the argument previously, without
explanation.

I understand you are trying to embrace EGL at the DC users group, but
having
a koolaid session does very little for the adoption of EGL. It certainly
may
be an entertaining session! I could tell you what you need, but I am
afraid
of Joe Pluta threatening to sue me.

Maybe the DC users Group should ALSO have a big picture version of
Modernization that is not sponsoring any particular flavor? I know someone
who does that..

Trevor