From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trevor Perry
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 11:10 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Latest EGL Features

Joe,

For the rest of us who struggle to find "free time", there is a different
requirement - and it is not programming web services all day long. Most of
us don't have the infrastructure required to use EGL the way that you can.
And, we don't have the connections with the IBMers who are pushing EGL hard
and furious. Your level of productivity is not possible for the people who
have maintenance and development to do in their job for the business that
works them hard.

I can create web services from RPG code, or connected to my DB2 database,
just as fast, if not faster, using a third party tool like the soarchitect
from looksoftware, and all I need is an IIS HTTP server. EGL is just another
flavor of the day.

There were numerous complaints when the topic on midrange-L was about naming
and branding. I state my complaint that midrange-L has now become the Joe
Pluta EGL kool-aid delivery mechanism.

If IBM can make it with EGL, you will look good. If not, you won't. Are you
prepared?

Trevor