From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Essinger
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 8:14 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Advice needed on a multimember DDS file to be converted

Dave has "enlightened" us before, and all I have seen him ever write
is that a "real" DB only has tables and not files, only partitions and
not members. The fact that DB2/400 has other access methods he sees as
a fault and not a benefit. He can't see the forest for the trees. He
has yet to convince me that the only "real" difference is the
background that DB2/400 came from.

Jim