Oooh. So if I did an ALTER TABLE and added a UNIQUE constraint on this file, that might do it?

Mark S. Waterbury wrote:
Hi, Jeff:

You said "primary key" but did not indicate whether this column has a "unique" constraint?

(I know that when you add a unique constraint to a table or file it creates an index (access path) under the covers.)

Mark

> Jeff Crosby wrote:
On our item master file, it is advising that I create an index on field ITNBR. This file is an SQL table created via DDL (not DDS) and ITNBR is the primary key. Does this advice make sense? Why would it advise an index on the primary key?