On a 170 I replaced all the drives with larger ones.
V4R5

Everything seemed to be except for a big problem.

ODBC connection from MS SQL has gone away.

CA file upload/download doesn't work ( I don't use this but I was trying to
access the extent of the damage)

No SQL code inside C or RPG works.

Most stuff inside STRSQL works but has lots of dumps and messages between
steps

* If I try to run any C or RPG program that has run for years or try to use
STRSQL , I get this message

Scalar operand contains a value that is not valid.
Internal failure occurred in query processor.
SQL system error.

* When using STRSQL, I can press F4 on the first screen
Select option 30 for SELECT
press F4 on the SELECT screen and I a list of libraries
If I select a library I see a message that 2 dumps are being done
and the error message about is in the history

HOWEVER, after seeing the status message about the dumps
it will go on correctly to the next step repeating the process
of the dumps being taken for every step until I see the results
of my query. The results are fine (I think)

The first part of one of the paired dumps is as follows

DUMP TAKEN FOR UNMONITORED ESCAPE MESSAGE
.MESSAGE ID- CPF4204
.MESSAGE FILE- QCPFMSG LIBRARY-
*LIBL
.SEVERITY- 50
.MSGTYPE- 0F
.SENDING-
..PROGRAM- QQQQUERY
LIBRARY- QSYS
..MODULE- QQQQUERY
..PROCEDURE- STARFC
..STATEMENT- 0000018093
.RECEIVING-
..PROGRAM- QQQQUERY LIBRARY-
QSYS
..MODULE- QQQQUERY
..PROCEDURE- QQQQUERY
..STATEMENT- 0000010731
.MESSAGE-
Internal failure occurred in query processor.

ALSO

In the daily clean up log I get the following message a number of times.

40 02/09/08 22:00:39 #dbmatix 000120 QQQOPTIM
QSYS
To module . . . . . . . . . : QQQOPTIM
To procedure . . . . . . . : MATINDEX
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 29812
Message . . . . : Scalar operand contains a value that is not valid.
Cause . . . . . : The length of the invalid scalar operand is 1. The
bit
offset to the invalid field is X'0000'. The operand number is 3. The
invalid data is X'0A'.
50 02/09/08 22:00:39 QQQQUERY QSYS *STMT QQQQUERY
QSYS
From module . . . . . . . . : QQQQUERY
From procedure . . . . . . : STARFC
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 18093
To module . . . . . . . . . : QQQQUERY
To procedure . . . . . . . : QQQQUERY
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 10731
Message . . . . : Internal failure occurred in query processor.
Cause . . . . . : A system failure has occurred in the query processor
program. The query definition template number is 1. Recovery . . . :
See
the low-level messages. Correct any errors and try your request again.
If

30 02/09/08 22:00:43 QLEAWI QSYS *STMT QSXQUERY
QSYS
From module . . . . . . . . : QLEDEH
From procedure . . . . . . : Q LE leDefaultEh
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 232
Message . . . . : Application error. CPF4204 unmonitored by QQQQUERY
at
statement 0000010731, instruction X'0000'.
Cause . . . . . : The application ended abnormally because an exception
occurred and was not handled. The name of the program to which the
unhandled exception is sent is QQQQUERY QQQQUERY QQQQUERY. The program
was
stopped at the high-level language statement number(s) 0000010731 at
the
time the message was sent. If more than one statement number is shown,
the
program is an optimized ILE program. Optimization does not allow a
single
statement number to be determined. If *N is shown as a value, it means
the
real value was not available. Recovery . . . : See the low level
messages
previously listed to locate the cause of the exception. Correct any
errors,
SEV DATE TIME FROM PGM LIBRARY INST TO PGM
LIBRA
statement *N, instruction X'003D'.
Cause . . . . . : An escape exception message was sent to a program
which
did not monitor for that message. The full name of the program to which
the
unmonitored message was sent is QSXQUERY . At the time the message was
sent
the program was stopped at higher level language statement number(s) *N.
If
more than one statement number is shown, the program was a bound
program.
Optimization does not allow a single statement number to be determined.
If
*N is shown as a value, it means the actual value was not available.