Thanks for the reply Chuck.

Though I've been around these boxes since 96 column cards, I've not been
near restores or upgrades or PTF's for so long that I'm essentially green.
That stuff was handled by a deceased partner

Here's the scenario of how the drive swap was done.

I did multiple SAVSTG to tape.
I did multiple Opt 21 saves to tape.

I had IBM do the drive swap on a billable basis.

The purpose of the drive swap was to get larger drives so I could turn on
mirroring.

Because I've been busy I have not been able to give up the machine for IBM
to look at it yet and since they will be on the clock I'm trying to find a
quick fix as an optimist.

They put in the new drives and booted from the Original LIC CD. Said they
were loading just enough to be able to check out the drives and have them
sync'd up (with mirroring running) so the reload (or the overall process)
would go faster.

Then they started using the OPT 21 tape, and the resulting 800 page log
didn't show anything but some outqs not being there and some journal
receivers but it did show the query error on something the restore process
tried to run.

SO

DSPPTF LICPGM(*ALL) SELECT(*ALL)

I did that just now and don't see anything funny. All stuff is either
superceded, permanently applied, temporarily applied.

Review "IPL source"...

Don't know how to do that other than looking at the panel which is B N

Tried googling for where a system setting is but don't seem to be able to
key the correct words.

if ##MACH#A then PWRDWNSYS RESTART(*YES) IPLSRC(B)

I did the IPLSRC(B) with no effect on the condition.

Or possibly the IPL to do the disk work had applied or removed some
PTF(s) ... or maybe that LIC was re-installed for some reason? Applying
the latest cumulative and HIPer PTFs should effect consistent PTF
levels, which is the most likely origin for the noted symptoms.

I have the latest cum CD but don't know how to re-apply it or if I should as
in "Can it hurt anything"

The thought that we might have to start over is wearing over me like a dark
expensive cloud [smile]

Could I use the before-swap OPT 21 tape to do restore now as if I needed to
do the restore for other reasons?

Steve