I am assuming you want to create the share on the System i and know how to map it on the Mac after it is created on the System i

If you do not have the gonets tools loaded QUSRTOOL/QATTINFO TZLSINFO at least on V5R2M0 and there used to be a download also.

Add/change a file share

CALL QZLSADFS PARM(MYSHARE '/Data' x'00000005' x'00000000'
'My shared data folder' x'00000001' x'ffffffff' x'00000000')

CALL QZLSCHFS PARM(MYSHARE '/Data' x'00000005' x'00000000'
'My shared data folder' x'00000002' x'ffffffff' x'00000000')

The first command adds the file share MYSHARE, which shares the /Data folder read-only. The second command changes the file share properties to be read-write.
Parameters:

* MYSHARE - share name
* '/Data' - path name
* x'00000005' - length of path name
* x'00000000' - CCSID encoding of path name (0 indicates same as ob)
* 'My shared data folder' - text description
* x'00000002' - permissions (2 indicates r/w, 1 is read-only)
* x'ffffffff' - maximum users (-1 indicates no max)
* x'00000000' - used in lieu of error code structure