From: Aaron Bartell

Just curious Joe, do you know how they re-marry up each request with the
previos requests job? Basically, each time a web request gets made I am
guessing the check some sort of cookie value (or equivalent) and at that
point reconnect to an already running job??

I haven't seen the working code yet, and if I did I couldn't tell you
because it's still beta. But I implemented this years ago with the IBM
Toolbox. Just store the AS400 connection object (which you use to call the
programs) in the HTTP session and away you go. The AS400 object has a
direct link to a QZRCSRVS job running in QUSRWRK on the host. The called
programs run inside that job.

This is the same technique used by WDSC and by WDHT.

This architecture requires a persistent HTTP session and so you typically
wouldn't use it for high volume anonymous requests, which I think is why the
EGL team originally didn't consider it. Stateful architectures are
primarily targeted at authenticated sessions such as those used by online
transaction processing.

Joe