Hi Everyone,

I realize this is a bit off topic, but when I was watching a couple of videos, one of Nicholas Negroponte (MIT Media Lab) speaking at Harvard University (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3682580260514318448&total=52&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5), and another more technical talk (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4285568518538296189&pr=goog-sl) by Ivan Krstic (OLPC Foundation), Ivan mentioned one of the design features of the XO Laptop was a View Source button which they did their best to implement by writing most of the software in Python, which reminded me of Hans Boldt (I seem to remember he was playing with that language.

The OLPC project also got me thinking about the future direction of computing, beginning with hardware. When they designed the XO laptop, they went in the direction of low power consumption, and rugged -- shock water resistant. Perhaps Steve Richter would be interested.

Have any of you heard or read about this project?

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /