I appreciate your frustration with Herring's answer. We don't always get the answers we want.

I filled out a DCR months ago for a minor nuisance. Finally got a phone call that basically said, "You're right. We'll put it in the next release." (Not a PTF, which I thought would have been easy enough to do, but obviously wasn't as much of a nuisance to Rochester).
The DCR that Rob was suggesting would be much more far reaching than the one I submitted. And probably quite a bit more trouble (for you and the Lab). But if you don't submit a DCR or a requirement to COMMON, it probably won't get changed and you won't have any right to bitch at the Open Mike session at COMMON (or wherever you choose to make your stand).

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice