1 - Please change your subject line. One reason I do not read in Digest
form.

2 - Some of your concerns are not related to the languages team. It's the
database team, out of Rochester, that writes the precompiler. I assume
you are noting a lack of the imbedded sql not being able to read a result
set. And, not talking about using SQL-CLI (which can) in RPG.
What happened when you submitted a DCR at:
https://www-912.ibm.com/r_dir/ReqDesChange.nsf/Request_for_Design_Change?OpenForm